After I made my homemade almond milk recipe, I was left with a lot of almond grounds that I didn’t want to waste (almonds are expensive these days 🙁 ). This recipe is all about finding a way to reuse those almond grounds.
I have to admit that this was my first time trying out this recipe, but luckily it turned out pretty well! I tuned some of the steps for this recipe after my attempt, and I think it will turn out much better the next time I try again. How these cookies turn out depend on dry your almond grounds are- if your batch is really wet, it will need more baking time. Note that this recipe will require you use damp almond grounds so that they stick together, almost like a dough consistency.
Also, I recommend making your cookies a little bit flatter than mine, unless you are going for the super soft centre. I think I will try this recipe again and maybe add things like dark chocolate chips. Let me know in the comments if you decide to try this out!
Sweet Almond Cookie Recipe
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Yield: approximately 12 cookies, depending on size
2 Cups of damp almond grounds
1/4 Cup of brown sugar
1/8 Cup of coconut oil
3 Drops of vanilla extract
A pinch of sea salt
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees celsius
2. In a large bowl, mix almond grounds and brown sugar
3. Microwave coconut oil for about 10 seconds until it is a liquid consistency and pour into mixture
4. Add vanilla extract and sea salt
5. Mix up all ingredients in bowl to form a “dough”
6. Using a spoon, scoop the “dough” and roll it into ball shape then flatten slightly then place on a baking tray lined with aluminium foil
7. Bake at 350 degrees celsius for 20 minutes on one side
8. Carefully flip the cookies, then bake for another 20 minutes (be sure to watch the oven, they may get burnt easily depending on how damp your almond grounds were!)
9. Serve with milk & enjoy 🙂