One of my biggest problems with eating healthy is not knowing how to cook chicken breast properly. Seriously, every meal prep plan on Pinterest involves chicken breast and being quite honest— I HATE it! It’s been hard finding a recipe that doesn’t taste bland or isn’t dry (this recipe isn’t bland or dry, I promise). Anyone with me on that? Maybe you have some good chicken breast recipes to share with me? 🙂
In an attempt to meal prep, I stocked up on chicken breast, like enough for two people to eat for 2 weeks straight. I had to get creative with how I was making it so both Jason and I don’t get sick of it— this is how this recipe was born. Who doesn’t like chicken nuggets, right?! This is personally one of my favorite recipes because it’s so easy. I always have the ingredients on hand, and you really don’t need to be super precise with this one. Trust me, you need to try it for yourself to understand just how easy it is to make.
You definitely shouldn’t eat chicken nuggets every day but I mean compared to the deep fried and frozen variety, these homemade nuggets are not too bad for you.
PS: I added almonds for extra nutrients but that is completely optional.
Easy Rolled Oats Baked Chicken Nuggets Recipe
Prep time: 20 minutes
Bake time: 25 minutes
Yield: number of nuggets depends on how you slice it but 1 chicken breast is usually enough for me alone.
2 Chicken breasts
1 Cup of rolled oats
1 Tbsp of garlic powder
1/2 Tbsp of sea salt
1 tsp of ground pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees celsius.
2. Blend rolled oats using a food processor or blender.
3. Mix garlic powder, sea salt, and ground pepper to the ground oats. At this point, feel free to add any spices you feel would be a good fit.
4. Slice the chicken breast into cubes or strips.
5. Whisk egg in a small bowl and put aside.
6. Line a tray with aluminum foil and lightly grease.
7. Dip chicken breast in egg and roll in rolled oat mixture. Make sure the piece of chicken is covered and there is no raw meat exposed, it will taste better this way!
8. Place nuggets on the tray and bake for 15 minutes.
9. After 15 minutes, flip nuggets and bake for 6 minutes.
10. Broil on low for remaining 4 minutes.
11. Remove from oven and serve with ketchup.